Why is email important for my accounting firm when there are other ways to communicate with clients?
Email is the way in which people communicate today, to point where some people prefer email to phone calls. That means any type of email outage can create serious tension with clients, which can impact satisfaction and retention. Is your accounting firm prepared to troubleshoot any issues that may arise with your email?
Consider the following when considering an email service:
- Your Skillset: Do you have the IT skills in-house to manage your email server? Are you likely to keep that skill set as part of your permanent staffing requirement? If the answer to either of these questions is "no", it's best to choose an outside email service provider that will handle these things for you.
- Cost of Additional Email Services: Most email services charge per account. Find a service you can grow with while keeping costs under control.
- Compatibility with Email Applications: Your email client needs to integrate seamlessly into your existing office procedures. If you currently use Outlook, make sure your new email system is compatible.
- Remote Access: A good email system includes a remote access feature so people can check their email when they are away from their home or office.
- Flexible Hosting: Some CPA and accounting firms will want to host their email on their own exchange server. Make sure your website provider can map your email records to your server before giving them access to your domain.
Email & Communications FeaturesSee More Side-By-Side Comparisons
See Side-By-Side Comparisons
Compare content features provided by top accounting builders’ website solutions.
Compare crucial website design features for new client acquisition from top builders.
Compare client file exchange website features crucial to your accounting firm's success.
Find the right accounting website provider in the least amount of time.